BRADLEY Re-Emerging Plan
Bringing Us Back Together
Beginning Sunday, July 12 | 9:30am
**Please read all information below carefully**
Worship in Church Re-Emerge Update 2020
“Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 34:3 NIV
We look forward to gathering together again to worship and praise God. Before we open our Bradley UMC doors, we want to ensure the safety and well-being of each and every one of you. We thank you for your patience! In preparation, we have implemented several recommended measures to help mitigate the risk of the spread of COVID-19.
Therefore, please use your best judgment in deciding when you (and your family) are ready to return to worship or any other ministry opportunity we offer after we reopen. Each of us will need to make this choice based upon individual and family situations and health concerns.
We know different criteria exist for each family unit. We look forward to the day when we can all be together again! We are moving toward opening the sanctuary for worship on Sunday, July 12, 2020 in a limited fashion. Beginning Sunday, July 12, 2020 there will be one service each Sunday at 9:30 AM with a format similar to our current live stream service.
In order to best prepare for the Re-Emerge service, we ask that you register if you plan to attend the July 12, 2020 Re-Emerge service. You may register online by using the registration button below beginning Monday, July 6 and continuing through Friday, July 10.
If you prefer, you may call the church office at 317-462-2662 between July 6-10 to register as well. Registration information will only include your name and the total number of people you plan to have in your family/group.
As we welcome you back to Bradley UMC, the following are some changes that will be in effect:
- Masks are required at this time. If you don’t own a mask, we have a limited supply and can help while supplies last. Children in attendance over the age of two will need to wear masks also. If you don’t have masks for your children, we will have some on hand;
- Cleaning high touch point areas will be done;
- Greeters will be located at various locations outside and inside the church to welcome, assist, and remind worshippers to maintain social distancing and to direct them to the proper entrances. The west entrance will be the primary entrance in the Re-Emerge Plan. Only those individuals who require the accessibility of the Main Street entrance will be directed to use that entrance. The elevator will be available for use;
- Ushers will guide each family unit to an available seating area. Socially distanced sections have been identified in both levels of the sanctuary and the parlor. Handicap accessible areas will be available.;
- Sanitizer stations will be visible throughout the church;
- The restroom at the back of the sanctuary will be the only available restroom;
- Children will worship with their families (No Nursery, Childrens’ Story, Children’s Church or Sunday School). Worship bags will not be available, so families are encouraged to bring their own activity materials if they desire. A “cry room” will be available for use as needed.
- Offerings mailed to the church or given online are encouraged. No collection plates will be passed during worship. An offering plate will be available at the back of the church to leave offerings;
- No food or drinks will be shared/provided, there will be no fellowship time, and water fountains will be closed;
- No hugs or handshakes at this time;
- Those not feeling well must stay home and those experiencing a coughing spell must excuse themselves from worship;
- At the conclusion of the worship service, the ushers will release those in attendance to encourage social distancing during departure. Please leave the building promptly and move to your vehicle.
Most importantly, if you would feel more comfortable viewing worship at home through our Facebook live stream/recorded version for a while longer, we encourage you to do so until you are prepared to attend public worship.
Please remember: you are not going to church – you are the church. We know we are the Body of Christ whether we are worshiping in the sanctuary or at home.
If you’d like more information, please ask a Re-Emerge Task Force member or call the church office at 317-462-2662.
Re-Emerge Task Force
Mark Vail, BUMC Lay Leader and Re-Emerge Task Force Chair
Rev. Heather Cress
Rev. David Scifres
Subscribe to receive email updates.
Get notified when new videos are posted. Find out how you can help our neighbors through this time. Learn about new ways to connect as they roll out.