The following paid positions are currently open at Bradley. If you want to help Bradley fulfill its vision, please consider applying.
Office Manager/Administrative Community Leader
Bradley UMC in Greenfield, Indiana seeks a part-time Office Manager, 8:00 a.m. to noon Monday thru Friday during our Preschool year, and flexible hours at other times. As an integral member of the Discipleship Community Leaders Team, reporting to the Senior Pastor, this position will be responsible for execution of all clerical, financial, and communications administrative functions of the church, including the coordination of paid, volunteer and consulting/contract staff, and assisting the Trustees in some coordination of building and grounds maintenance. Competitive salary commensurate with experience will be provided.
Interested applicants may apply by email at email@example.com, fax at 317-462-3211, or mail at 210 W. Main St., Greenfield, IN 46140. RE: Office Manager. Resumes with work history are appreciated. Position is available January 1, 2018, due to the retirement of incumbent.
To provide leadership, processes and systems to support the Senior Pastor and the Discipleship Community Leaders in accomplishing our mission and vision. The Administrative Community Leader will be responsible for general office management and organization, as well as serve as the primary office contact for the Bradley congregation and the Greenfield community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Pastor in leading the discipleship communities in fruitful ministry by participating as an integral part of the Discipleship Community Leadership Team to include up to monthly team meetings.
- Support the implementation of the Bradley Strategic Ministry Action Plan (MAP), by supporting and guiding the Church Financial Secretary and Church Treasurer, coordinating with the Communication Consultant and Technology Consultant, supporting and guiding the Facility coordinators, and supporting the Spiritual Life Team Leader.
- Perform all necessary secretarial support for all the church, including all correspondence, filing, recordkeeping, CCLI reporting, conference and district reporting, mailings and distribution of received mail.
- Maintain the church calendar; including scheduling the use of all rooms, sending notices of meetings to members of Committees and Discipleship Communities as required, and updating daily the event board outside the office.
- Set and update the door access system schedule for the week, and maintain the system, adding and deleting users as necessary.
- Prepare the Sunday bulletin and other bulletins for church services including the children’s worship bulletins, large print bulletins, copies of congregational songs for choir and accompanists, announcements, prayer concerns and other inserts as required.
- Send the weekly service information for the Daily Reporter before 12:00 Noon on Thursday.
- Coordinate the distribution of the church newsletter with volunteer newsletter workers, and the dissemination of other communications in partnership with the Communications Consultant.
- Track & Record new members, transfers in and out, deaths, and baptisms in membership software, and United Methodist Record Book.
- Maintain the church wedding calendar, receiving initial requests, scheduling church tours, securing necessary wedding personnel, and managing payments and distributions according to church Wedding Policies.
- Maintain a regular inventory of office supplies and maintain office copiers, risograph, and other office equipment, servers and technology.
- As you are capable, assist the trustees and facilities coordinators in receiving and directing contactor and service personnel.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all office staff, ministry staff and leadership teams.
- Assist with other duties as requested and available.
- Teamwork/Hospitality Orientation
- Personal Organization/Detail Orientation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks required
- Familiarity with Servant Keeper or other church management software a plus
Praise Team Leader
Bradley UMC, Greenfield, IN is seeking a paid Praise Team Leader to lead the Praise Team and other musical groups in providing excellent musical support for our Blended Worship Service. Reporting to the Worship Discipleship Community Director, This position will be supported by the Worship Team and the Senior Pastor, partner with the Organists/Accompanists and direct the activities of the Sound and Media Technicians. The successful candidate will have a background Worship Leadership on Guitar or other Lead Instrument, Vocal Coaching, and familiarity with Media Shout, CCLI and Song Select resources. Additionally candidates should demonstrate skills in Leadership, Team Building, Personal Organization, and Detail Orientation. Expected commitment is up to 4hrs/week on Sun. for Worship, 4hrs/week for Rehearsal and 4hrs/week Meeting & Preparation Time. Interested applicants may apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at 317-462-3211, or mail at 210 W. Main St., Greenfield, IN 46140. RE: Praise Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, rehearse and direct the Praise Team to provide all praise & worship music, special music and leadership of congregational singing for our Blended Worship Service each Sunday.
- Plan, rehearse and direct all praise & worship music, special music and leadership of congregational singing of other special services including, but not limited to Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday and Maundy Thursday.
- Develop, direct and schedule Sound and Media Technicians for all services and events.
- Develop additional musical groups possibly including, but not limited to Youth Worship Teams and Contemporary Praise Bands, and lead them at appropriate times including the possibility of off-site services.
- Be a resource for the Family Life Discipleship Community in providing musical support for our children and youth programs.
- Attend and participate fully in regular Worship Discipleship Community meetings, and meet with the Senior Pastor to develop appropriate worship plans on a periodic basis.
- Identify and coordinate necessary maintenance on church musical equipment and A-V technology.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all office staff, ministry staff and leadership teams to help facilitate excellence in worship.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.