The following paid positions are currently open at Bradley. If you want to help Bradley fulfill its vision, please consider applying.
Bradley United Methodist Church is a congregation valuing biblical and inclusive expressions of the Christian faith rooted in our rich heritage and tradition, yet seeking to continue to evolve in ever-deepening relationships with Jesus Christ and with our community. Music is a vital part of that heritage and tradition. Bradley UMC is actively seeking an Organist/Accompanist to join the existing musical staff. The anticipated start date is January 5, 2020.
- Excellent organ skills and experience in hymn playing
- Strong piano skills in playing solo repertoire and accompanying
- Reverent understanding of the importance of music as part of the church’s ministry, spiritual life, and outreach
- In a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
Duties and Responsibilities
- Play organ and piano in our 8:30 Traditional and 11:00 Blended Sunday morning services during the odd months of the calendar year (Jan, March, May, etc.)
- Bradley UMC has two organists on staff. One organist handles all duties and responsibilities during the even months, while the other covers the odd months.
- Select and prepare hymns and service music that coordinate with the UMC Lectionary calendar or sermon theme
- Service music includes prelude, voluntary, offertory, postlude, and Holy Communion (first Sunday of the month)
- Submit service music selections for bulletins in a timely fashion as required by the church office
- Attend quarterly Worship Committee meetings
- Play for special worship services during assigned month
- Rehearse with and accompany the Sanctuary Choir and occasionally with other ensembles or soloists
- Choir rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings from 7-8:30PM
- Praise Team rehearsals are between services on Sunday Morning
- Coordinate with fellow Bradley UMC organist for substitution, looking elsewhere when necessary
- Right of first refusal for weddings, funerals, and special services during assigned month, unless previously arranged with fellow organist
- Collaborate with both Senior Minister and Choir Director
- The Organist should have prior experience in playing the organ and accompanying in church worship
- Previous experience accompany choirs and individuals
- Mastery of hymn playing
- Proficient in sight reading
- Experience playing the piano in modern worship praise music, including the ability to read chord charts
- Three manual Rodgers 940 hybrid organ
- Yamaha digital piano
- Compensation is negotiable, consistent with candidate education, experience, and skill level
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bradley United Methodist Church
210 W. Main Street
Greenfield, Indiana 46140
Praise Team Leader
Bradley UMC, Greenfield, IN is seeking a paid Praise Team Leader to lead the Praise Team and other musical groups in providing excellent musical support for our Blended Worship Service. Reporting to the Worship Discipleship Community Director, This position will be supported by the Worship Team and the Senior Pastor, partner with the Organists/Accompanists and direct the activities of the Sound and Media Technicians. The successful candidate will have a background Worship Leadership on Guitar or other Lead Instrument, Vocal Coaching, and familiarity with Media Shout, CCLI and Song Select resources. Additionally candidates should demonstrate skills in Leadership, Team Building, Personal Organization, and Detail Orientation. Expected commitment is up to 4hrs/week on Sun. for Worship, 4hrs/week for Rehearsal and 4hrs/week Meeting & Preparation Time. Interested applicants may apply by email at email@example.com, fax at 317-462-3211, or mail at 210 W. Main St., Greenfield, IN 46140. RE: Praise Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, rehearse and direct the Praise Team to provide all praise & worship music, special music and leadership of congregational singing for our Blended Worship Service each Sunday.
- Plan, rehearse and direct all praise & worship music, special music and leadership of congregational singing of other special services including, but not limited to Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday and Maundy Thursday.
- Develop, direct and schedule Sound and Media Technicians for all services and events.
- Develop additional musical groups possibly including, but not limited to Youth Worship Teams and Contemporary Praise Bands, and lead them at appropriate times including the possibility of off-site services.
- Be a resource for the Family Life Discipleship Community in providing musical support for our children and youth programs.
- Attend and participate fully in regular Worship Discipleship Community meetings, and meet with the Senior Pastor to develop appropriate worship plans on a periodic basis.
- Identify and coordinate necessary maintenance on church musical equipment and A-V technology.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all office staff, ministry staff and leadership teams to help facilitate excellence in worship.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.