We’re glad you’re here!!
Are you in Need of Prayer?
Join us in the chapel for a sweet time of prayer.
- 1st Tuesday of each month: 10:00 a.m.
- 3rd Thursday of each month: 1:30 p.m.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer.
To fulfill our vision of what Bradley United Methodist Church needs to be, we have a few openings for paid staff positions. If you are interested, you can find more information on our Help Wanted page.
Current openings include:
- Office Manager/Administrative Community Team Leader (position available January 1, 2018)
- Praise Team Leader
Bradley in the News
The Greenfield Daily Reporter recently carried a great story about Bradley’s Community Work Day. You can read it here.
Opportunities to Serve in Love and Share in Hope
******* UMCOR HURRICANE RELIEF OPPORTUNITIES *******
- Monetary Donations – If you would like to donate to UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) for hurricane relief, please make your check out to Bradley United Methodist Church. In the memo portion of the check, write UMCOR Advance #901670. 100% of the money goes to the relief effort and Bradley Faith Promise is matching your donation (up to 50% of their fund balance).
- School Relief Kits for UMCOR – The United Methodist Women will be making school relief kits for UMCOR. There is a labeled tub outside the office to receive these supplies. Please note there are more than one tub outside the office so check the label. Specific items needed are:
- Blunt scissors – rounded tip only; NO plastic scissors
- Pads of paper – Spiral or top-bound pads; 100-150 sheets packs of loose-leaf paper; NO composition books or 3 or 5 subject notebooks.
- Hand-held pencil sharpeners – must be at least 1 inch long.
- 12-inch rulers – Hard or flexible; Cartoon characters acceptable. NO advertisements.
- Unsharpened pencils (6 go into each kit) – Cartoon characters acceptable; NO advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols.
- 2-inch or larger size erasers – Cartoon characters acceptable; NO advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols.
- 24-count boxes of crayons – ONLY 24-count boxes.
Food Pantry – Every Sunday is Food Pantry Sunday! Bring non-perishables and paper products any time. Boxes are located outside the parlor and outside the office.
Kenneth Butler Soup Kitchen – Attention Amazon Shoppers! Please be sure to go to smile.amazon.com and choose Kenneth Butler Soup Kitchen to be your charity. Amazon will .5% of your eligible purchases to us! Easy, peasy, painless!
The Landing – Be Jesus’ hands and feet in the world— please sign up to prepare or serve dinner at The Landing on the second Wednesday of the month. It’s your chance to serve those less fortunate and in so doing, serve our Lord. Shifts are from 3-5:30 pm and 5:30-7 pm. Help others to “recover from hurts, habits and hang ups. The signup sheets are at the back of the sanctuary. For more information, please contact Kathy Locke, Bob True or Sue True.
LOVE INC Clearinghouse Help – Love INC is asking for volunteers from the church’s congregation. We need 5 volunteers to answer the phone and listen to the individual stories of the callers to our Clearinghouse. This role is a specific calling so please pray and ask the Lord if HE is calling you to serve Him through Love in the name of Christ in this way. Help is needed Monday-Friday, 9:00-1:00 p.m. If you can spare 1 day a week or 1 day every other week we can use you! However God calls you to serve is much appreciated! For more details, please call Michelle at 317-468-6300.
Items Needed at Hope House – The Hope House homeless shelter is in need of the following items:
- industrial mop heads
- paper towels
- 39 Gal. Trash bags
- Tall Kitchen trash bags
These items can be taken directly to the Hope House located at 35 E. Pierson Street, Greenfield, IN 46140.
Opportunities to Connect in Faith and Grow in Grace
Jim Dandy Regular – Thursdays @ Noon – Jim Dandy restaurant will have a place set up for those who want to gather for lunch. This is a group of seniors who meet weekly for fellowship and food.
October 31 – Trunk or Treat – Our first community trunk or treat is coming up soon! Please join us on October 31st from 5:30 – 7:30 in our south parking lot. Please see the signup sheet at either podium outside the sanctuary to save your parking spot! We need your help hand out candy, and you can decorate or not decorate your trunk, and dress up or not. You can choose to do this as a family, by yourself or with your small group. Please do what is comfortable for you to be able to show hospitality to our neighbors.
We are also starting to collect donations of candy and small non candy items to pass out that night. There are boxes near the podiums for your donations. Thank you for your generosity!
If you have any questions please contact Heather Cress.